Wednesday, June 18, 2008

CROSSED OVER


The gym is a funny place where a lot of funny people gather. I think some days I am the only normal person there (compared to ??). Every morning at 5.15am dozens of people line up outside waiting for the doors to open, waiting with anticipation to hurt their bodies, to sweat and to nearly hurl. They get out of bed early to do this. This morning like other enthusiasts I crossed over. I lined up at 5.15am to make sure that I got a bike in the cycle class. Is there anything sicker then on a winters morning, while its dark lining up outside of a gym to torture yourself?
Actually I have done this a few times now but for some reason it annoyed me today. Why do we do it? For me its the knowledge that in 8 weeks I along with several others from Elevation are walking the Kokoda trail to raise money for a community special school. I suppose when I look at it from that angle its a vision that motivates me. Isn't that the way it works in our lives? When we have a vision, goal, some kind of picture of a preferred future shouldn't that stir us to get out of bed and fulfil that desire?

No comments: