Thursday, March 13, 2008

DOORS


Rev. 3:20 (NLT)
"Look! Here I stand at the door and knock. If you hear me calling and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal as friends.

When I was a kid my mother would always avoid the JW’s or Mormons when they came knocking on the neighbourhood doors. One time she was in such a hurry to get the front door shut that she slammed it on my fingers.

When Jesus wants to come into the door of our heart do you think wants to:

· Come in and smash you – especially if He's been waiting outside long time.
· Re arrange your life
· Make it harder for you
· Condemn you

Jesus said that he wants to eat with you, share a meal together.
In this N.T time sharing a meal was one of the most intimate things that someone could do.

• Intimacy is what every person in life really wants
• Its when you can be with someone who you really are
• Its what we want in marriage
• Its what we want with God
• Its here I am take me as I am take me as I am

Our problem is that we can get so busy doing Gods work and miss the very essence of what God desires from us.
Most of us cant even sit down at home to eat, or take a lunch break and eat.
So if God wants to sit down and eat then it better be a good reason.

To be fully known and to be fully accepted without any fear of rejection.
A place where we can know everything about each other.


Take time today to get intimate with a God who wants to share a meal at your place.

No comments: