Tuesday, March 4, 2008

PART 2 OF "HOW DO I KNOW WHEN MY SOUL IS GOOD?".

3. WHEN YOU ARE LOW A LOW MAINTAINANCE LEADER

Matthew 8:5-9 (NLT)
When Jesus arrived in Capernaum, a Roman officer came and pleaded with him, [6] "Lord, my young servant lies in bed, paralyzed and racked with pain."
[7] Jesus said, "I will come and heal him."
[8] Then the officer said, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed! [9] I know, because I am under the authority of my superior officers and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, 'Go,' and they go, or 'Come,' and they come. And if I say to my slaves, 'Do this or that,' they do it."


How much attention do you require? This centurion was what we call a low maintenance high yield leader that didn't need special attention.

· If you always need a pat on the back
· Always need to be told how great you are
· Or what an awesome job you are doing

If this is continually needed by a wife or a husband than your marriage will a long hard haul.

4. WHEN YOU SEE PEOPLE AS A GIFT

When people become a pressure to you then something in your soul needs rescuing.
If you get more turned on sitting in front of a computer than you do siting with a person and you are a senior pastor then your soul needs help.

5. WHEN YOU CAN LAUGH AT YOURSELF

You must know how to handle rejection.

“WHAT LIES BEHIND US AND WHAT LIES BEFORE US ARE TINY MATTERS COMPARED TO WHAT LIES WITHIN US”.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)


6. WHEN YOU CAN CELEBRATE OTHER PEOPLES VICTORIES


7. WHEN YOU READ THE BIBLE AND PRAY BECAUSE YOU WANT TO NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO

No comments: