Sunday, December 30, 2007

I LOVE WIND


Zech. 4:6 (NIV)
So he said to me, "This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the Lord Almighty.


These past few days the Gold Coast has been hammered by almost cyclonic winds that are set to worsen over the next days. Beaches are being eroded as the waves and winds pound the coastline. And in amongst it all there are the few local crazies who love to be out amongst it all to catch that one (maybe their last) good wave.
In preparing for church this morning I was reading about a different kind of wind that blew in amongst the disciples many years ago and empowered them to go and make a difference in their world. We had our end of year anointing service today. Its where we lay hands on every person and anoint them with oil for the year ahead...it was awesome.
I have been "leading" in some form, in church now for over 22 years and still know nothing that cures peoples complaints, discouragement, anger, lust or any other anchor that tries to weigh us down than a touch of the Holy Spirit. As we prayed for people today tears flowed for some, peace for others and strength for all. Life can bring some fairly brutal blows, we need God in our lives. As a pastor I need God to help me pray (I don't like to), I need Him to help me love people (I don't want to), to stand against temptation (I want to give into it) bottom line is...I need God.

DONT START ALLOWING THE FIRE OR ZEAL IN YOUR LIFE TO DIE DOWN AND DONT ADJUST YOUR LIFE DOWN TO ACCEPT THE LESSER FIRE AND FLOW OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

This coming year 2008 lets not try and do it in our own strength, let the wind blow over and through all of us and lets live a God conscious life.

2 comments:

dmw15 said...

in just a few words you always manage to give nuggets of gold for living life right, Thank you for listening, loving & obeying God,

addogg said...

this blog has really encouraged me to see the best in what God has for me, and has open my eyes to see that everyone goes through the same suggles, because i think that i sometimes forget even leaders of the church go through stuggles.

adam God bless