Monday, December 31, 2007

I AM...?


The weather is so bad here that all fireworks and new year celebraions have been cancelled which is going to make it a long night for someone like me who struggles staying awake past 10pm. So what can I do now? There are no decent movies out. Its 3 days and counting, that's how long until Will Smiths new movie "I am legend" comes out here at the Gold Coast. Its been a while since my taste buds have been aroused with the release of something that isn't another chick flick but a movie that seems to be filled with enough testosterone to run a small city. Basically its a story about a plague that hits the world and leaves one survivor living in New York who realizes that he isn't alone.
The title of this movie is great it kind of reminds me of another person that was big on the "I am" statements. Throughout the bible Jesus continually was telling people who He was.
I am the vine, I am the way the truth and the life, I am the bread of life, I am the light of the world, I am the door, I am the resurrection and the life and many more.
One thing that is at work here is that Jesus always spoke out who was and then walked toward those words. He didn't wait to feel like He as the "resurrection and life" He spoke it out and His life went toward those word pictures that He painted of Himself.
Our inner dialogue is what we listen to most.
We are doing a series in our evening services this coming February called, "Identity Theft" and we are wanting to help people know who they are. Most of us somewhere in life have had our identity threatened or erased (Jason Bourne) so we struggle today with our insecurities and fears.

Proverbs 29:25 (Msg)
The fear of human opinion disables; trusting in God protects you from that.


So this New Years eve complete this statement, "I am.....?"
Ugly, fat, stupid, useless or do you want to begin to see yourself as someone of worth, beauty, character and strength. Your "I am" will determine you 2008.
Have a great new years eve celebration and see you next year.

No comments: