Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Why do you like me?

Zech. 8:23 (NLT) "This is what the Lord Almighty says: In those days ten people from nations and languages around the world will clutch at the hem of one Jew's robe. And they will say, 'Please let us walk with you, for we have heard that God is with you.' "

I read this during my daily TXT reading today and I thought what a great prayer for us to pray. That people would want to be close to us because we are close to God! How long since someone has wanted to be close to me not for what I can do for them, not for what they can get from me in a physical way but simply because they know and they can see that God is with me?
I read this and it reinforces yet again that as Christians we must have a life that leans towards Christ because after its all said and done, that's what they want the most. To know and be known by a mighty God.

No comments: