Saturday, April 26, 2008


I find myself again at one of my favourite spots on the Gold Coast sipping coffee over looking the beach and literally hundreds of people swimming and enjoying this Anzac day long weekend. Yesterday morning I braved the elements of waking up at 4am so that I could jump on my Kawasaki VN900 drive by Brads house and make our way down down to Currumbin for the dawn Anzac service. A bit chilly but well worth the effort. There were thousands there representing all ages confirming yet again that the Anzac spirit still resonates in the hearts of Aussies. Before the roll of those who have died since last Anzac Day (52 people) was called a statement was said that really pressed my button.

"Many gave some but some gave much".

Now anyone that travels to a foreign country to fight a war for the sake of freedom has my vote as a hero but there is something about someone that has paid an ultimate price.

Thanks to all those who have fought and are fighting for our continual freedom and thank you to those whose names we will probably never know but everyday you fight a personal battle, a battle in your family your health and you wont give up. You are part of the "some give much" crowd...your awesome.

No comments: