Monday, June 28, 2010

Birthday wish

I was born this day exactly 45 years ago. My mother called me Ross because she said that if she had another boy then she would throw him in Ross River. So I am named after a river that snakes its way through a city in Nth Queensland called Townsville.
I was recently back there and drove past my old primary school, I was sure that it used to be bigger. In fact the fig tree out the front that we used to climb (before extreme safety concerns) didn't seem that intimidating at all. But that's the way it should be. If we are still intimidated by the challenges that we faced when were are younger than chances are we haven't grown. Edmond Hilary after failing to scale Everest was doing a lecture one day when he turned to a picture of the great mountain and said, You defeated me! But you won't defeat me again! Because you have grown all you can grow ... but I am still growing!
This should be the attitude of every follower of Christ!

No comments: