Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 8

Very hard to get out of bed this morning. I spoke at church planting school last night on Staying Resilient from the book of Nehemiah. He is one of my great bible heroes the way he led a nation that had become satisfied living with broken down walls. We see in chapter 1 when the news of the reproach that the Jews were in reached Nehemiah his first response was to pray and fast. The word reproach means disgrace. They were ashamed of what they had become because of their disobedience.

4 When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven. 5 Then I said:

He then goes on to repent on behalf of his nation and challenge not to forget their God. Getting a clean heart is so important while we are fasting from our pleasures. Everyday come to God and ask him to purify your heart and hands so that we can stand free from disgrace and shame and be clothed in His righteousness.

No comments: