Friday, February 13, 2009

Do we see what He see's


I am presently sitting at Gold Coast airport waiting to catch a plane to Sydney so I can drive to Nowra for one of my friends opening of his new church facility. Its pelting down rain and all the arriving planes have been diverted. I hate waiting and even more tormenting not knowing, I really hate not knowing. Are we flying from here, will I make it in time, will I even get out?
Genesis 22 is one of the great bible stories of Abraham and Isaac. Abraham is about to sacrifice his son when at the 11.59 and 55 seconds God interrupts (I like those interruptions) and tells him to stop. As they lift there eyes there is a ram caught in a thicket which Abraham swaps out for his son. And Abraham's response! "You are Jehovah Jireh" which means the Lord see's and provides". What a great reminder when we are stuck at 11.59 with seemingly no way out, The Lord see's and provides. Thank God that His eyesight is better than ours.

No comments: