Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tips

Well its 20 days until 12 of us head off to walk the Kokoda Trek. This morning at 5.30am we were hiking up some reasonably vicious hills out the back of the Gold Coast. Everyone is very excited and a little apprehensive about what to expect. It amazes me how many "experts" come out with tips on how to do things better, what to and what not to buy etc.
I suppose I take pleasure in this because its not just in the church world where the "experts" want to lend their advice, its just people. But I am up for it if one persons advice can save a foot full of blisters or chaff then I will listen to anyone. Sometimes the answer to save our plans from failing is locked up in someone that is around us.

Proverbs 12:15 (NLT) Fools think they need no advice, but the wise listen to others.

1 comment:

poox said...

Trekked Kokoda last October... you are in for a wonderful experience which will rock you to your core. It is tough, but very achievable if you are reasonably fit. This is a physically and life changing experience, and I thought I'd had a few before I completed Kokoda... best of luck, Susie