Friday, June 6, 2008

LET IT OUT

Ephes. 3:20-21 (NLT) Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

By His mighty power within us! The bible is talking about you and me here. If there is so much of God's mighty power available why don't we always see it?
As I look around the world and especially around Australia I see incredible outpourings of God's Spirit that just were not happening 10 years ago. The amount of people coming to Christ, the amount of volunteers giving their time and energy to make a difference in the kingdom (which is a sign that its the day of His power Psalm 110:3)
We need to remind ourselves that its not about trying to get His power in us but we have to let it work through us. That's only if I believe the bible!! If I'm not sure than I will spend my time looking for ways to get it "into" me instead of looking for ways for it to work through me. This is where most people stumble. Their intentions are good, they love God but the world goes without because we don't activate what is already within.

Psalm 68:1 (NKJV)
To the chief Musician, A Psalm or Song of David.
Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered: let those who also Him flee before Him.


Its our role to let God arise. If we have to let him arise it means that we probably have the ability to keep Him from arising!!
Anyway that's Sunday nights message!

1 comment:

missmelly said...

Hi Pastor Ross,
Just discovered your blogs, I have just started back at work(after 11 years)yikes,anyway its a great way to keep up with whats going on and keeping up.Have shown all my unsaved co workers our website and they are amazed with what our church does ie Children in Cambodia and food bank. Have invited them all to visit no acceptances yet,keep on prayin,keep on showing them Jesus through my words and actions.Anyway can I just say AMEN to "Let it Out" This is the type of Outpouring of Gods spirit that often goes unrecognised,its not flashy or loud but it is done by precious brothers and sisters fulfilling Gods call on their life through serving, all done with kindness, humility and love. When I see this I feel honored to be part of Gods Kingdom and amazed to be part of such a wonderful family.It is this type of outpouring that sets us apart from a cruel and self absorbed world.
Anyway thank you so much Pastor Ross and Kathy for your leadership and all the hard work you do for us.You are loved and appreciated.
Yours In Christ
Mel Shield