Wednesday, April 9, 2008

FLAVA WRAPS

Today marks day 5 in my fast and my head is thumping. I think the last of my coffee attachment is being purged from my system. People often ask me why I fast and how do I know when its a God fast. I think any fast, even if you arent sure whether its a God one, is good for you. Its good for your discipline as well as your body. But I always know when Gods all over it because my desperation level is greater than my temptation to eat level. Although that doesnt help when your work mates are walking by with Red Rooster Flava Wraps. Hmmmm chicken!
Thats where you have to come back to what it is that you are wanting God to step into with you that stops you from giving in. Is it your marriage that you need God to step into? Your business, your church, your children? Fasting is also all about emptying you of you. Where ever you look through the bible God always leant His ear to humility. Our staff just finished reading Good to great and every CEO or leader that transitioned a company from the good to the great, humility was a part of their character. We all need more of that.

1 comment:

Derek said...

I agree. Whether it is a God fast or not, if it causes you to remember to put God first in your daily life, and cause you to remember Him when those hunger pains hit, its a good thing.

It is important to realise that fasting doesn't have to be food only. You can decide to give up anything you do regularly. For example drinking coffee, or watching tv etc. Everytime you feel you need that coffee or TV fix, it should prompt you to pray instead.

I wonder if Jesus was tempted with Flava Wraps in the desert? ;)