Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 19

Rom 1
8First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world. 9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I mention you

Paul had never been to Rome but when he did eventually arrive it became the place of some of the important NT writings. Even though he had never met the people he prayed for them. Sometimes we can feel that our praying for others, even those we don't even know that we pray for in a prayer request, can seem a waste. But Paul receives incredible revelation whilst praying for others. His prayers also opened doors to him. Our passion prayers today are an indicator of what awaits tomorrow. At Elevation we have prayed for 4 years to have a church in the Tweed district, we have prayed for a people that we didn't know but now they are our future congregation in our new facility.

No comments: