Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 10

Yesterday I blogged about Anna serving in the house of God. On the flip side the bible also talks about people that didn't go the distance, these were people who had the call and the potential but they drifted off course.

2 Tim 4

6For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.9 Do your best to come to me soon. 10For Demas, in love with this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica.

Demas had deserted Paul because of a love for this present world. There were to many comforts and pleasures fighting for his attention. He couldn't say no anymore. Here Paul is wrapping up his life as this was to be his last piece of correspondence before he died. I have fought the good fight, finished the race and kept the faith but Demas. Its not easy going the journey for Christ but I know this, if we don't practice daily communion with God then we to will drift away. Demas didn't wake up one day and just leave he would have drifted away. That's why so many people here on the Gold Coast drown they don't deliberately get pulled out to sea they drift into a rip. All of us are in love with something we just got to make sure that the wrong things don't top our list.

No comments: