Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Love hate


I have a few love hate relationships. One is exercise, I love what it does in my body but I hate getting motivated to go. Another is hot chips, I love them early but I hate what they do to me and a third one is fasting. I love the spiritual impact that takes place in my life but I hate the process of giving up food. Our church has just begun its 12 day fast with a heart to say God let me place you first in all I do this year. Easier said than done!
I read this verse this morning and it is a beauty for someone who is fore going food to seek God.

Job 23:12 (NIV) I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

What a place to come to. When our desperation exceeds our comfort!

No comments: