Saturday, November 29, 2008


This past week I spent two nights back in my old stomping ground Townsville. There is nothing that compares to the breath stealing, sweat provoking humidity of the far north. So being on a quest for better health I decided that I would run/walk up the goat track on Castle Hill from my hotel. On the second morning I was sweating just coming down the lift but an hour later I was literally dripping. After showering I realised that I now had a problem. My plane was leaving in 2 hours and I had dripping, smelly gym clothes. So I did what any sensible, not wanting to waste good clothes guy would do, I placed them in a bag and packed them in my luggage.

Not even thinking about it again by the time I actually was home to unpack it was 7pm that night and as I opened the bag there was an almighty release of enough gas to run a small city. I really hope that there were no sniffer dogs at the airport assigned to my bag cause their sense of smell would be ruined by this event.

Anyway all this to say that all of us have some amount of luggage that we bring with us through life and as we approach Christmas this year often times it seems that this season has the ability to stir our "bag of smelly clothes". Maybe its a broken marriage and this season makes it a hard time for you. Maybe it was the loss of a loved one and this is the first year without them. It could be that you are now an empty Nestor and this Christmas just wont be the same. Whatever don't forget to unpack your luggage and air out your life, keep it fresh and energised this Christmas season.

No comments: