Saturday, October 18, 2008

The home of ginger beer

Kathy and I are up at Bundaberg this weekend speaking at an awesome church called Citicoast. We did a leaders meeting this morning with a whole group of hungry, expectant people. Even though we will miss Elevation Church tomorrow it's always good to get out and see how others do church. God is doing something amazing in my wife Kathy as wherever she goes she is connecting with people who don't know God or people that have been hurt in church and have lost a love for the house. People don't have a problem with God its just the church that they stumble over. Its stirs us even more in our responsibility to create churches where anyone can come and connect with God.

2 comments:

Brendan Forbes said...

G'day Ross
I attended our church services (Cititcoast) on Saturday night & today & heard you preach - I had to go early today but I was going to have a chat about your podcasts & blog - I really enjoy them. I have kept a copy of your 'Making Ripples' in my diary - pretty awesome timeline of how small ripples, over time can create strong currents. I work as a principal of a small primary school & although I don't preach to my students, I aim to create positive ripples in their lives.
Cheers for coming up to Bundy - you're right - it is an awesome church & Pastor Mark is great - all the best with Elevation
later Brendan

Ross Abraham said...

Thanks mate it was great being up there, keep the ripples moving in your school because you just dont know who will be changed because of it.