Friday, September 26, 2008

The smell of Christianity


I came in early this morning and was greeted by the overwhelming smell of bananas. Now I love bananas but the smell of hundreds of them infiltrating our church auditorium is a bit much. But it is better than onions which was last weeks smell. I don't view it as fruit or vegetables that I can smell but it represents another life, another family that today will receive boxes of groceries for an extremely low cost. Today is Storehouse 1 day. There are about 300 different families that will come through over a month to fill their box, not bad seeing its only been operating for 4 months. There is nothing else that beats the local church!

1 comment:

Derek said...

I agree! It is our passion to reach the local community above any international missions. And we are so thankful that our church is playing such a key role in so many people's lives! God bless you all!