Wednesday, May 21, 2008

UNDER PRESSURE


2 Cor. 12:7-11 (Msg)
Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn't get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations.


Thorn means a splinter or stake that continually irritated him.

"Satan's angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees".

Make sure that your weakness pushes you to the right things

WHERE DOES YOUR WEAKNESS PUSH YOU?


TO WHOM DOES YOUR WEAKNESS PUSH YOU TO?


TO WHAT DOES YOUR WEAKNESS PUSH YOU TO?

Here's the deal. Pressure will push us all somewhere, but where, that's up to you and me.


For most' pressure will push them into negativity. This is where all they do is blame others for what isn't happening in their life. They say things like, "I am leaving the church because its not spiritual enough". Yet there own life has no hint of spiritual passion. They blame their spouse for the lack of romance instead of becoming an answer to their complaint. You see a complaint is the birth place of vision. All great visions came out of of a dissatisfaction with a circumstance.


Let the pressure of your own circumstances push you toward God.


Others allow pressure to push them into self pity and they give that "puppy dog, woe is me" look as they share all of their hardship. Suddenly they are looking to a person for their answer and not allowing themselves to be pushed to their knees with a hunger for God.


Whatever is your "splinter" allow it to push us into a deeper thirst for God so that we can become an answer to the complaint of our heart.

No comments: